Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Art-e-facts

I believe art is THE essential accessory in personalizing and creating a mood for a room. I had fun tooling around with "photoshop" last week so I thought I'd play again. This week's original room is a design by Luis Puerta as shown in Nuevo Estilo. It's a serene room, very natural, very demure. The original art is a subtle contemporary piece. I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not.


In order to bring a bit of warmth to the room I decided to try "Pines" by K. Grob.


For a touch of fun I went with "Willows" by Natasha Wescoat.


And last, in an attempt to stay true to the original atmosphere of the room, I went with "Dawn" by Mark Pulliam.



In the end, I'd have to say my choice is "Dawn". It's just bold enough for me and just subtle enough for the room. What do you think?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how smart you are! I would have to say that I would choose Pines, I just love the way it feels, but Dawn is nice too...

Another Shade of Grey said...

Pines was a very close second for me. Overall, I like it the best. Beautiful picture, but in the room something about it just seemed a wee bit off. Thanks for commenting. :)

kstyle said...

Oh wow,

What a fun idea. I love to play in photoshop but hadn't thought of using this way. Fantastic and I love the first one. I love the warmth it brings to an otherwise fairly cold room. How fun, k

IMEDAGOZE said...

hey, that's a clever idea! I'll keep that in mind. I'd say "Dawn" is my pick, too. It makes such a bold statement in the room, but I think I might change the rug though. :)

Another Shade of Grey said...

Kstyle, I warn you, it's addictive. But it's also a great way to choose art for your own home. Just take a photo of the space and you can hang as many pictures as you like with no nail holes, until you find the right one. :)

Imelda, I agree about the rug. :)

Erin said...

I'm with you...Dawn is the winner, with Pines in second (although there is something just not quite right about it in the room).

I really like this room...I'm not a "white walls"/"white room" kind of person, but I love how calm and warm this room feels to me.

lsaspacey said...

"Pines" is my first choice, I like "Dawn" but I think it's too close to the sofa. I would raise both it and "Willows" as high as the first two pieces are on the wall. (That actually might be what feels off.)

jax said...

First choice would be Pines and second choice would be Dawn. Very cool idea! Really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous idea. ahh the magic of photo shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...