Wednesday, January 03, 2007

License plates? I don't think so.

finecellwork.co.uk

I love these pillows from Fine Cell Work out of the UK, and it's not just the designs I'm loving...it's the story behind the pillows. Fine Cell Work is a Registered Charity that teaches needlework to prison inmates and sells their products. The earnings are given to the inmates, thereby giving them hope and a feeling of self-worth. The inmates are all taught by volunteers from the Embroiderers Guild, the Royal School of Needlework and the world of professional design. I personally think it's a great rehabilitation tool and a great job skill for any future they may have. I encourage you to visit the site and see what it's all about. They have some great designs, like the ones featured above. You can check them out here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...